Monday, December 17, 2018

I still have time


Wow. This might be my last weekly email from my mission. I mean I could write next week, but I'm not sure how next week will go so I don't want to take any chances. 😉

It's hard to tell you what a mission is like. There are wayyyy too many things I could say. I don't think anyone can totally understand what a mission is like unless you have served yourself. But I guess that's the same thing with just about everything in life. You never know until you've experienced it. So, I’ll share what I've learned to give you a taste of what it's like!

--- We can't do anything without God, so pray all the time and for anything. I promise with all my heart he hears and answers them. We are LITERALLY his children and he loves us so, so much.

I'll just say personally, I know God answers prayers. He has a great sense of humor. There was a time where I wanted to be pushed. I wanted to see where my weaknesses were, so I could work on them. Well, let's say when you ask to overcome your weaknesses, he'll give you a reason for overcoming them... if that makes sense. God is in every moment of our life and everything we have is thanks to him. We can't do things alone. Try asking him humbly for help and he can turn you into someone you could never have imagined before. There are times that I felt so incredibly sad, scared, alone, but God, I know for a fact was with me every step of the way.

---Trials and change make us stronger.

President Kimball said “…if you knew what adversity does for you, you would pray for it!” Well, it's true. We know that the only way we progress is if we have something that gives us a reason to be pushed. I have such a strong testimony that the trials and challenges of life really do help us grow. They may seem like it's the worst thing ever, you may have the hardest time, but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.  In the end you always look back and those experiences usually end up being the best thing that have ever happened to you. Your most favorite memory because you'll look back and think, I made it. I'm better today because of it!!

---We are all imperfect, so we have NO RIGHT to judge other people. Work on fixing yourself first, so you can help someone else become better.

We have no idea what people go through. We all have our different trials and different lives and different paths and again we're no better than anyone else. We are all on the same path together and we need to help build each other up and not point out what we know we're doing wrong already. You need to love them, try to understand them and you learn more about yourself in the process. You feel better about yourself knowing that you served someone and were able to help them and do something good. True happiness is when you lose yourself in the service of others.

---There are ALWAYS people around who will love you and will help you overcome your hard times.

Every time I was going through a hard time, there were people that showed me true kindness, who showed that they really cared about me. We need people who will be sincere, loving, and someone who will listen to what you have to say. I appreciate everyone who helped me grow, made me laugh and cried when I cried. We are all doing our best in life to become like our Savior, Jesus Christ. The ultimate person who loves with a pure perfect love.

A mission is hard, but it is the BEST thing you could ever do in your life!!!! Please, the most important thing you can do in your life is to help others come unto Jesus Christ leading by example. By living his gospel to its extent, you change dramatically for the better. I'm still not where I want to be, but that's why I have so many more days ahead of me. I still have lots of time to learn and grow and be a missionary when I get back home.

A mission is a miracle worker. Even just these past two days were full of miracles. God was all over it. I was able to work with a young man named Samantan (Sam) who is 17 years old who has been preparing for baptism for a little while. Friday night we decided to make sure that he would be baptized by the 22nd. So, we planned and told him our plans, and everything worked out perfectly. He agreed with everything and was so excited. He has a really rough family history, but he passed his baptismal interview the next day, Saturday night, and now he’s moving forward to baptism for this Saturday!!! I'm so blessed to be able to see one more baptism before I go home.

One other person I've been able to know is a tender, very humble man who is from Pakistan. His name is Raja and he has become one of my best friends. He too has decided that leaving his family and culture to follow Jesus Christ is the true and best path he could ever choose. He wants to be baptized and if it weren't for the lessons we still need to teach him he'd be baptized tomorrow. But his date for baptism is scheduled for January 12th. I'm sad I can't be there in person but I'm so happy for his desire and willingness to make the right and best choice. Don't worry I'll have to Skype him ;)

This ward is literally the most charitable ward I've ever met and I'm going to miss these members so badly. They have taught me so much on what it means to be a true disciple of Jesus Christ. They really apply the gospel in their life and they are a light to everyone around them.

The gospel changes people's lives. Christ changes people's lives. He and his gospel gives us reasons to have hope and peace. They make the quality of your life better!

I love my mission. I love the people I've met. I love the language I've been able to learn and speak. I love France. I love the work I've been able to do. I love My Savior and his perfect plan of Happiness. I will miss this life, but it's not the end. I will always testify of our Savior Jesus Christ because that is what I promised when I was baptized. I will keep his name in my heart forever. I will be his disciple preaching his gospel for the rest of my life because that's where I find most joy. True happiness is what I'm searching for.

I love you all and À bientôt (see you soon) ðŸ˜‰
SÅ“ur Hunt




District P-day








Night time in Orleans







The view from our apartment



Paris Saint-Germain is the Paris pro soccer team



We made fries!




No comments:

Post a Comment