Tuesday, November 27, 2018

ORLÉANS

Holy Cow! I’m so happy to be here! I thought I’d never make it to the Paris area! This place is AMAZING. The ward is so tender and incredible. The people we talk to everyday are so nice (even when rejecting us). God has really blessed me so much! He’s also blessed me with an awesome companion!

Voici, (here is) Sœur Rudolph:
From: Wyoming
Talent: everything
Something she loves: store bought cakes
Life Ambition: to go cross country skiing in Norway
Fun Fact: loves climbing pine trees

This is going to be FUN!!! Bring it on! Ha

This last week feels like it was actually two weeks ago. So much to do in a day with such little time, but its amazing work and I wouldn’t want it any other way!

Recap before transfers. It was incredibly hard to say goodbye to my friends in Nantes, Favor and Ruth. They made us another goodbye dinner which was the exact same thing as last time, but this time they put "less" chili pepper in it. LOL, even the size of a spec of dust is too much for me!! Favor wanted me to finish this time so that’s why she put less spice in it. Just for the record I DID FINISH IT the last time and the second time haha. I just had an ulcer afterwards. Other than the spice, it was yummy African food. It was so sweet of them to do that for us though. I hope to come back and visit them!

Then we moved on to transfers and I said goodbye to the wonderful Sœur Franklin. She will be missed.  I really enjoyed being her companion :) We learned lots together and experienced so much!
Sœur Rudolph et moi (and I) have had so many great things happen to us together so far. First person we met was an African man who was super intrigued in learning more! Until we found out he was actually interested in basically just being our boyfriend. Well, he has a Book of Mormon and then he'll wait until Elders come 👍🏻

We had ward conference on Sunday and the members are literally so awesome! Maybe I’ve already said that, but I don’t mind saying it again! I introduced myself in front of basically two wards because the Blois ward was combined with us. We had great food afterwards. Soeur Rudolph and I packed our plates and got really full. Then while we were sitting outside the gym a member came up to us and asked us if we got food. We said of course, it was delicious! She asked if we had gotten the hot meal. We got a little confused. She saw the look of confusion and began explaining how there was the cold meal with all the salads and appetizers and then there's the actual meal and then the dessert.... well. You would think that for as long as I have been in France, I’d be used to how many meals the people here have, but apparently not. Someday I’ll get used to the mission ha-ha.

En tout cas, (in any case,) I don’t have a whole lot of time, so I’ll run for now, but hey there's next week! Love you all tons and I hope you have a great week!

Don’t forget to start Light the World! Service is starting this Saturday! Find something you can do light up the world a bit. It needs it :)

Love you all

Bisous, (kisses)
Soeur Hunt



Soeur Rudolph!!



Thanksgiving dinner!





Our apartment in Orleans



Our little Christmas tree 



Study room



Sitting room



Kitchen



My study area



Two views from our study room





Cathedral in Orleans



Joan of Arc home 



Downtown Orleans





Great to see Soeur Morrison again!



No comments:

Post a Comment